Sourceforge Project Page
GiGi (aka GG) is a GUI library for OpenGL. It is platform-independent (it runs at least on Linux and Windows, and probably more), compiler-independent (it compiles under at GCC 3.4 or higher and MSVC++ 8.0 SP1 or higher, and probably more), and driver-independent. Reference drivers for SDL and Ogre are provided, and it is straightforward to write one for yourself should you decide to do so.
- True modularity. You provide the initialized OpenGL environment and user input, and GG provides the GUI behavior.
- Independence of platform, compiler, and input driver/application framework.
- Applicability to multiple types of frame-based apps. Any frame-based app can use GG, from first person shooters to turn-based strategy games.
- Documentation. I am the documentation-Nazi you've been hoping for. Ve haf vays of makink you understand our code.
Requirements to Use GG:
- You must use a relatively recent C++ compiler (GCC 3.4 or higher, MSVC++ 8.0 SP1 or higher).
- You must use OpenGL.
- You must use these other open-source libs that GG requires: FreeType, DevIL, and Boost.